The workshop will primarily focus on stochastic representations of model uncertainties and the following five main themes:
- Uncertainty representations in convection-permitting ensembles
- Physical consistency of perturbations
- Stochastic parametrisation closures
- Surface interface uncertainties (atmosphere-land/ocean/wave/sea-ice)
- Evaluation of model uncertainty representations
The workshop will take place at the ECMWF Headquarters in Reading, 9-12 May 2022, and it will adopt a hybrid format with online and physical participation. Workshop registration and abstract submission are now open. The deadline is 10 January 2022.